Thursday, January 6, 2011

Nuqman's New Bed.

Nuqman has a new bed! Yay!

Before this, he always sleeps with his Papa and Mama on the big bed. But every night, without fail, he must complete his nightly routine. Wrestling with us on the bed. Well more with his Papa than me. But still, I always get in the way, and he will always find a way to involve me in the kicking and punching sport that he adores so much, only in the bed. Because the bed is very springy, he enjoys jumping up and down the bed while giving us a good blow along the way. After exhausting himself, he will finally sleep...

But I am so used to having him sleep in my arms that having to part with him at night now makes me a little sad. Nuqman is ok about it, I think. But I realized that it’s still kinda hard for me to let go. His Papa said, this is more about training his Mama to learn to let go, not Nuqman. Sigh... I think it’s true in a way.

However, his bed is still in our room! So I can check on him anytime I want during the night. We’re taking baby steps. Not giving him a room of his own yet, it's too soon. We will both be in shock, separated, his Mama  and him. First, the bed. Maybe in a year or two, his own room.

At least he is very excited with his new bed. It has Transformers on the headboard. Very boyish kind of bed. So he still can use it when he goes to kindergarten.... So it can be used for all time.

My baby boy is all grown up...

No comments:

Post a Comment